1.The Swaziland Legal Information Institute (SwaziLII) maintains this website to enhance free public access to legal information from Swaziland. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them.
This information is:
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which SwaziLII has no control and for which SwaziLII assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
2. SwaziLII, members of its staff and its contractors shall not be liable for any financial or other consequences whatsoever arising from the use of information or data contained on this site, including the inappropriate, improper or fraudulent use of such information or data.
3. SwaziLII does not invite reliance upon, nor accept responsibility for, the information it provides. SwaziLII makes every effort to provide a high quality service. However, neither SwaziLII, nor the providers of data on SwaziLII, give any guarantees, undertakings or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness or up-to-date nature of the information provided. Users should confirm information from another source if it is of sufficient importance for them to do so.
4. Hypertext links on SwaziLII are (in most cases) inserted by SwaziLII, not by the data providers. Automated insertion of hypertext links on SwaziLII means that links will not be comprehensive or accurate in all cases. Neither SwaziLII nor its providers of data, give any guarantees, undertakings or warranties concerning hypertext linking.
1. SwaziLII reserves the intellectual property rights pertaining to the SwaziLII website graphic, and navigation and search tool design.
2. Subject to the following paragraph and the stated conditions pertaining to prohibited use, legal materials published on the SwaziLII website, such as legislation, regulations and decisions, including editorial enhancements inserted into the documents by SwaziLII, such as hyperlinks and information in headers and footers, can be copied, printed and distributed by Users free of charge and without any other authorization from SwaziLII, provided that SwaziLII is identified as the source of the document.
3. Use of legal materials published by SwaziLII can be subject to additional conditions set by courts and government bodies claiming intellectual property rights relating to the documents. SwaziLII makes an effort to indicate the existence of additional conditions on the pages of the relevant databases, but Users remain responsible for checking whether their use of the documents is authorized.
A. Information concerning usage of SwaziLII
A2. SwaziLII does not disclose or publish information which identifies individual machines, or potentially identifying sub-groupings of addresses, without consent. SwaziLII does publish aggregated information about usage patterns.
A3. SwaziLII reserves the right to gather more extensive information that stated above (i) about any attempted access to SwaziLII which raise security issues (and, where necessary, to make disclosures to relevent authorities); and (ii) for network analyses on an occasional basis.
B. Personal information contained in SwaziLII databases
B1. SwaziLII publishes comprehensive collections of court decisions with the consent of the public bodies concerned. The electronic dissemination of judgments is in concordance with the open court principle, instituted to ensure the impartiality and transparency of the judicial process by allowing access to the record of judicial proceedings, including judgments. Therefore, SwaziLII operates on the core principle that all citizens and organizations should be provided with free, unconditional and unrestricted access to basic legal materials.
B2. Some SwaziLII databases contain personal information included in the decisions of Courts and Tribunals. SwaziLII publishes these databases with the consent of the public bodies concerned.
SwaziLII undertakes to monitor and delete from published judgments personal information as directed by law or a specific court order. SwaziLII retains the right to remove personal information from judgments at its discretion where this is possible without distorting the meaning and context of the document.
B3. It is hereby expressly stated that SwaziLII performs automated monitoring and, where necessary, de-identification of judgments prior to publication and does not guarantee that all sensitive material has been correctly de-identified.
Should you have concerns over personal information published on the SwaziLII website, please contact us .
B4. SwaziLII users should note that there are legal limitations on the use, publication and dissemination of some personal information contained in SwaziLII databases. It is the responsibility of SwaziLII users to comply with the laws of the land.
Right to amend this privacy and security statement
We reserve the right to amend this privacy and security statement at any time. All amendments to this privacy and security statement will be posted on the website. Unless otherwise stated, the current version shall supersede and replace all previous versions of this privacy statement.
If you have any comments or suggestions in relation to this policy, please send us some mail.